PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS WE HAVE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED THE PROGRAM FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR.
IED has a list of Indigenous community volunteers who can come into classrooms to share their knowledge and expertise from their own cultural perspective. Honorariums are paid by IED and requests should be made by individual classroom teachers using the request form provided. At times, when a specific craft or art project is requested, we may ask the school to pitch in to share the cost of supplies or expenses.
If you wish to have one of the following people come into your school or classroom to do a presentation, please complete the request form (see below). Your request will be processed and contact will be made directly to the teacher requesting from the individual provider to confirm dates and times they are available.
Please note, there are a limited number of sessions we can provide per classroom. For more information contact our office at 250-475-4124.
Click on names to view profile/bio:
- Alex Nelson Bio for Res School Presentations
- Andrea Fritz, Coast Salish Art K-12
- Bertha Landrie, Métis History, Culture, Music & Dance K-12
- Jo-Ina Young, Métis Presenter, K-8
- Fern Perkins, Métis Culture & Art, Ross Bay Cemetery Tours
- James Taylor, Anishnaabe K-12
- Leslie McGarry’s Biography 2019 RBCM
The following are individuals or groups who are also available to come into your school and present on their specific specialties.
PLEASE NOTE: IED does not pay for the honorariums or fees for the following resource people. You must contact the individuals to schedule dates and times, and schools must pay the honorarium or fees associated with each individual request.
- Gary R. Allan – Wolf Presentations Video Conferencing for Classrooms
- Darlene Gait, Esquimalt Nation, Artist, Information Fieldtrips
- Ed Peekeekoo, Cree Musician & Artist
- Michael Kusugak, Inuit Author & Storyteller
- Raven Tales School Presentations
- The Journey of Discovery Program
- Sierra Club Education Brochure 2018
- List of Indigenous Authors & Storytellers